The project started in the summer of 2013 that captured only Airbus planes flying near Barrie, with data coming from FlightRadar24.
Currently this website hosts a large number of interesting statistics. The statistic pages and any of the individual pages (such as aircraft, airlines, airports, routes etc.) have been designed based on what I actually wanted to see. It kind of served my needs to see the information in this database and I hope it will be useful for you too. And if you ever feel like you just can't find anything in particular you can always play to your heart's content in the search page and combine any parameter to your liking.
I continue to make this database as useful as possible and evolve it over time. If you find any issues, data discrepancy or just want to give your feedback & suggestions contact me.
Source & Credits
None of this project would have been possible without the help and contributions of these organizations and people:
- Barrie Spotter for original code, design, idea,...
- FlightAware - With their API to access the data which allows to get additional information. Data sources come from live ADS-B, FAA and other government agencies.
- Airspaces come from Worlwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange
- Font Awesome by Dave Gandy fontawesome.io
- Leaflet leafletjs.com
- Boostrap getbootstrap.com
- Sidebar v2 https://github.com/Turbo87/sidebar-v2
- ADSBHUB.net to share ADS-B data
- Cesium used to display flights on a WebGL virtual globe
- Wind layer use NOAA GFS updated every 6 hours and Ocean surface currents use OSCAR third degree
The data published by FlightAirMap is made available under the Open Database License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/. Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the Database Contents License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/ - See more at: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/
Source Code License
The source code is available under GNU Affero General Public License version 3 (AGPL v3)
- Airports and location icons from http://mapicons.nicolasmollet.com/ under Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA.
- Waypoints icons from http://www.fatcow.com/free-icons/ under Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA.
- Satellite icon by Nazarrudin Ansyari
Sources of models are available here.